1.Sign up for Paypal
2. How to register a card on Paypal
You can add a Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover or UnionPay card to your PayPal account. Here's how:
- Go to Wallet.
- Click Link a debit or credit card.
- Enter your card information, and click Link Card.
After the card is linked, you can confirm this card.
- When you add a card, you may be notified of a 1 USD charge to your card. The charge on your card is temporary to confirm if your card is ready to use with PayPal. It usually takes a few minutes to receive the refund back to your card but it can take up to 30 days depending on your card issuer.
- If your card is eligible for automatic update with PayPal, we may update the card information on your behalf when a new card is issued to replace the existing card linked to your PayPal account. Any billing agreement and payment preferences associated with this existing card will be migrated to your new card.
3. How do I send a payment through PayPal?
Pay using recipient's email address
Here's how to send a payment from your PayPal account:
- Go to Send & Request.
- Enter the recipient's email address, and click Next.
- Enter the amount you want to send, select the currency, and add a message to your recipient (optional), and click Continue.
- Click Send Payments Now.
On the payment page, your payment will be set in the default currency of your recipient’s country or region. If you have an agreement with the recipient, you’re able to change it to other currency.
After the payment is sent, your recipient will receive a notification email. If they don’t have a PayPal account, they can follow the instructions in the email to sign up for an account and accept your payment.
Pay with PayPal.Me
You can also try PayPal.Me, our new, hassle-free way to pay and get paid. If the person you're paying has a PayPal.Me link, they can share the link with you and let you pay them easily through PayPal. Learn more about how PayPal.Me works.
Useful tip: Preferred way to pay
You can select a debit or credit card as your preferred funding source, and we'll use it when you shop online or send a payment for goods or services. If you don't set any preference, your PayPal balance (if available) will be your default way to pay.
Here's how to set your preference:
- Go to your Settings.
- Click Payments.
- Click Change next to "Online purchases."
- Select your preferred card, and click Confirm.